Monday, January 31, 2011

There's a First Time for Everything...

After several failed attempts, I present to you (without further adieu) a Jen U. original blog. People have always told me that I should blog as a way to keep in touch with people and update close family/friends on my life. However, I always laughed at those individuals because anyone who knows me closely is fully aware of my lack of communication. I, Jen Underwood, am a horrible communicator. I hate talking on the phone, texting, e-mailing, Facebook, etc. Most of my friends have assumed that I have dropped off the planet because I rarely ever "keep in touch." 

Well, I am taking an Intro to Human Communication class this semester. (Thanks, University of Alabama!) One of the first things my professor mentioned was how to be an effective communicator. Sheesh! She has also been trying to get us to blog for the past few weeks. So, after thorough pondering (aka I am procrastinating working on the never-ending to-do list that I have) I decided to give this thing a whirl. 

Although I highly doubt that anyone will read these entries on the mundane events that occur in my life, I will hopefully work on being a better communicator, and will earn some bonus points in my class at the same time. 

Thanks for reading!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment